Tuesday, April 18th, 2023 | Choose your preferred time
The Intersection of ESG & GRC: Streamlining Assurance of Your ESG Efforts
ESG seems to be on every organization’s radar today, but many are unsure where to start or how to mature an existing ESG program.
Join a free webinar on April 18th, where we will discuss the unique data challenges companies face in their ESG journey, the critical role internal audit and risk teams can play in ensuring the integrity of ESG reporting, and the importance of leveraging technology to streamline and underpin the assurance of your ESG efforts.
Here’s just part of what you’ll get in this session:
- Recognize why you should start preparing for ESG assurance now and learn leading practices to position your organization for success.
- Understand the importance of connecting your organization’s financial and non-financial reporting to effectively share information, ensure consistency, and manage the risks of inaccurate disclosures and more.
- Discover the benefits of bringing internal audit and risk management teams in early to identify risks throughout the ESG reporting process and build in controls to improve the integrity of financial and non-financial reporting.
- Identify the challenges organizations face in collecting, aggregating, analyzing, and reporting a large, diverse, and disparate pool of data (much of it unstructured) to support your organization’s financial and non-financial reporting.
- Learn how integrating the ESG data handling and reporting with ESG assurance processes enhances collaboration, enables and simplifies data sharing, and provides improved transparency and confidence in the integrity of your company’s ESG disclosure and supporting processes.
Industry Principal at Workiva, has more than 30 years of finance and operations experience, primarily in internal audit, enterprise risk management, and process improvement. Ostler served as the chief audit executive over almost two decades for entities ranging from Fortune 500 companies to a pre-IPO technology company, including building internal audit programs from scratch and leading the implementation of SOX 404 compliance programs for three companies. He is an active member of the Twin Cities Chapter of the IIA, where he’s held numerous leadership positions, including Chapter President, over the past 20-plus years.
Industry Principal at Workiva, has over 15 years of experience advising organizations in managing risk, especially focused on sustainability and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) matters. He works cross-functionally to help enhance and integrate the ESG capabilities of the Workiva platform by bringing subject matter knowledge, engaging with stakeholders, and contributing to product enhancements. He was previously a senior manager with Deloitte’s Sustainability practice. Mark is a CPA (Colorado and Nebraska) and was previously a nominated trainer for GRI training.
REGISTER FOR THIS FREE WEBINAR NOW
Can’t attend the webinar live? Sign up anyway and we’ll send you the recording when the event is over.
You will also be subscribed to our email newsletter that delivers practical advice, resources, and products to help you navigate everyday finance challenges. You may also be contacted by this webinar sponsor.
You can unsubscribe from emails at any time.