Now that the weather’s getting colder, the allure of curling up with a good book is getting stronger. And with a number of new, must-read books on business out this fall, it’s also a perfect time to get some fresh ideas for Finance.
For your library
Here are five books that are great reads for the fall:
- Promote Yourself: The New Rules for Career Success, Dan Schawbel
Containing 75 exclusive interviews with executives from successful companies like DreamWorks and Amazon, Promote Yourself offers sound advice on how to effectively communicate and self-promote the right way.
- Mission in a Bottle: The Honest Guide to Doing Business Differently – and Succeeding, Seth Goldman
Don’t be fooled by Mission in a Bottle’s graphic novel style. The book contains plenty of easy-to-follow tips framed by the success story of Honest Tea, Goldman’s company.
- David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits and the Art of Battling Giants, Malcolm Gladwell
Bestselling author, Gladwell, dives into the balance of power between small and large companies in today’s market. He also examines why our society is so taken with the story of the underdog – and what that means for your business.
- The Human Brand: How We Relate to People, Products and Companies, Chris Malone and Susan T. Fiske
By combining their expertise in customer loyalty and social psychology, Malone and Fiske explore what attracts customers to certain brands. Two big factors: warmth and competence.
- The Myths of Creativity: The Truth about How Innovative Companies and People Generate Great Ideas, David Burkus
Stumped for fresh idea for Finance? The Myths of Creativity provides great insight on how to get creative in almost any aspect of business and offers suggestions on how companies can encourage outside the box thinking to get ahead.